Sunday, April 10, 2011

How I wore it: if you don't know where you're going any road will take you there

Thanks for the lyrical inspiration, George H!

People, today was a lovely day. I got up early in the morning to do some baking. I then accompanied my husband to his place of work where he gave a successful joint lecture/concert with one of his colleagues. After coming back home and a quick nap, we went to our next-door neighbor's for a delicious dinner that had been planned, with another couple of neighbors that we know and like (that's what I did the baking for). It was so much fun - a lovely way to spend a Sunday.

Oh, I also just got an e-mail from the language chair of another area school with which I interviewed two years ago (and obviously didn't get the job), so we'll see how it goes this time around. Life isn't as bleak as usual.

Oh, and spring seems to be coming! I wore my lightest of jackets yesterday and today!

Anyways, for today's activities, I decided to keep it simple in black and red, a no-fail combination for me:

Smirky!

I've worn an iteration of this outfit a few times, but what can I say: I love this shirt and I love pairing it with black. What can I say ... I'm not the most original of remixers. At least I changed shoes? 

So, that's, um, all, folks. A brief entry for a lovely, filled weekend. Do you forgive me?

Red top: Tony's, a boutique in Old City Philadelphia, remixed
Black jeans: Bulldog by Urban Outfitters, remixed
Buffalo plaid flats: American Eagle [Payless], remixed

12 comments:

  1. this is the first time I recall seeing this top. I like its simple, feminine lines and is that a teardrop shape I see?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top is made of win. I love the neckline and it looks great with the black jeans. How much are you loving wearing flats with no socks!? I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Terri! Yes, the top has a sort of rhombus/teardrop right in the chestal arena; I don't really know its purpose, but it's a lovely detail.

    Thanks, Allison! It's funny: the neckline is tough to get to drape just "right." And flats! It's amazing to see my feet in public again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you can pull off red so easily, I find it a very difficult color to wear. And I agree with Allison- look at you wearing flats!
    You're forgiven, just don't let it happen again. :) Glad you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Miss B, thanks! Red is one of my favorite colors to wear and it always catches my eye...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your life is looking up, and you're feeling awesome. :) I LOVE this outfit, particularly the cut of that blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit. I too love the top, and the plaid flats are great. Patterned shoes easily add so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Clare! We'll see how stuff goes, although after looking at prices for the summer getaway to Greece, the mood has shifted back to black quite considerably. The top is definitely a favorite, though: I've had it for about three years.

    Thanks, K! I always "forget" that I own these flats and am always excited to "discover" them again... I definitely would like more patterned shoes in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The top is such a pretty color! And I love nutella in anything, so those pochettes sound delicious! How did they turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, Anne, they were SO GOOD! It's the third time I've made them and they've always been good, but these were awesome. I manipulated the dough by hand before refrigerating it (gluten-free flour is sometimes problematic), so I got a nice big hunk of dough before cutting it out. And my husband requested more Nutella than I'd been putting before, so that also played a big part. The rest of the Nutella went inside of me, via spoon, yesterday. Om nom nom. The cool part is that the actual dough is not sweet, so it might be a good base in which to make savory little pockets as well. Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That top is phenomenal!

    Good luck with the job market. It's such a nightmare right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, LHdM. Things might be looking up...or they're not. We'll see. I hope you're doing okay. Loved today's post. :)

    ReplyDelete