Thursday, April 14, 2011

How I wore it: shine... the weather's fine

Today was kind of an awesome day, people. I was efficient, the weather was lovely, and my husband cooked me a delicious dinner which included appetizers and dessert. And I still have home-made peanut-butter cookies left over from a spontaneous baking spree yesterday.

What can I say? Life is good.

I even planned my Spanish lessons before 9:30 this morning and was ready to go when the time for tutoring came long:


I was so inspired by much of Style Nation's wearing of their maxi dresses and skirts this week, so I decided to pull out the longest, flowiest skirt I own. And so I did. With the glorious spring weather and the blanket-like quality of this skirt, I didn't even wear tights today! Just flats! I haven't yet branched out into wearing any other color top with this skirt but black, but I liked wearing my long, flowy black shirt today. I wore this exact same outfit about a year ago, but I didn't blog it. Anyway, as I'm saying, I do like the pairing of a flowy shirt with a flowy skirt. Yay, flowiness! 

Anyway, today went well for a number of other reasons: I was able to run the entirety of my favorite running trail today, for one thing. It'd been a while since I ran it, since I have to walk about 15 minutes before hitting it, so I've been eschewing it in the colder months in favor of hitting the running trail across the street from my house. But today was the second time I'd ventured there since, oh, October? And, as opposed to Monday, I ran the whole thing! Fist pump. Later, I got two phone calls from the new school that's been in touch with me, one from the dean and one, finally, from a language teacher. I does seem as if I might be invited for an on-campus visit, but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. Finally, my husband and I booked our tickets to Greece. They were expensive, but we worked it out and we'll be leaving from and returning to Boston, as opposed to New York, so we'll have less travel time to deal with. I also e-mailed my advisor to inform him of the dates of my European trip so that he can get back to me as to my future (and last?) visit to Hamburg.

So, yeah, I was so proud of my own productiveness that I had to raise my arms high in victory:

Yes, I am this much of a goober.

So that was my day. Whoo! Eventful!

Black top: Tony's, a boutique in Old City Philadelphia, remixed
Black and blue skirt: Gap, remixed
Black flats: Me Too, by way of DSW, remixed


9 comments:

  1. Oh I love this look Chalkdust! I like the black with this as well.
    I'm glad that one of us was productive. I honestly don't think I could have the motivation that you have. I'm a 'don't do anything until the last possible second' and I think it's pretty cool that you are staying motivated (mostly). I did a little fist pump for ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa what a beautiful long profile the fist pump creates! Congrats on the run (how long) and crossing my fingers that you'll be invited for a visit to the school. jealous of your trip to Greece. I am a homebody extraordinaire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Miss B! I'll take any and all fist pumps! I think that the skirt is so wintry (or at least transitional) that it kind of needs something black with it, but I'd be open to other suggestions...

    Thank you, Terri! That particular run is about 2.5 miles, which is about all I can do - if I run more, I usually mess up an old back injury. We're excited about the trip to Greece, but now more focused on finding someone to house-/cat-sit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an adorable goober.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that does sound like a great day! You had me at your husband cooking you dinner, but possible campus visits and a trip to Greece are pretty darn exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit, Anne, by the end of the day, I was most happy about the dinner... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that sounds like a great day. I have been able to run outside again now that the snow is gone and it is so great to be back on my old routes. Your skirt is fantastic, I the print.
    Sending good job vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been able to run on and off pretty consistently over the winter, but it's SO MUCH BETTER now. Thanks so much! I'll have news soon!

    ReplyDelete