Thursday, September 16, 2010

How I wore it: semi-professional life

After a surprisingly leisurely morning and afternoon (I was supposed to have dissertated some more, but ended up going for a run quite late after Amalía's first vet check-up), I headed to downtown Boston for my new regular gig: I'm going to be tutoring a little girl in Spanish; she's a student from the school at which I worked last year. It'll be nice to take a quick breath away from my Ph.D. work (although this week has been more about long sighs away...), interact with a student, and hang out with a cute little kid - it'll also be nice to have an excuse to get out of the house and wear something cute: yay for mascara!

Anyway, eager to be seen in pants by her family for the first time, I decided on my favorite grey jeans with a trusty red shirt and ... hey, hey, matching time! Red shoes, too:


The look was simple and classic for me. When I asked my husband for his expert style analysis, he said "You look like a very chic academic taking time off to do some tutoring." Well, okay. I didn't realize I was going for quite so literal a look, but that's what you get for asking a jet-lagged male to opine about your outfit.

Today I débuted my grey Greek handbag. It is indeed as enormous as I predicted and held two big books, legal pad, Filofax, wallet, cell phone, Moleskine, pen, make-up case, and allergy meds for my husband with room to spare. I wanted to show it off hanging oh-so-jauntily from my forearm like a sullen Fashion Babe:


Do I look blasé enough? God, that thing is huge. I've always wanted a big purse like that, dripping with handles, so I'm very psyched about it. I hope no one finds out that I bought it for €48!

Red top: from Tony's, a boutique in Philadelphia's Old City, remixed
Grey jeans: Bulldog by Urban Outfitters, remixed
Red wedges: CL by Laundry, by way of DSW, remixed
Grey bag: from a boutique (Dressing Room?) on Adrianou Street(?) in Monastiraki, Athens

No comments:

Post a Comment