Monday, April 25, 2011

How I wore it: I wanna feel the HEAT with somebody!

People, as I may have mentioned yesterday, when my husband and I were about to leave our house, it was 74 degrees outside and sunny. We went to an area college to celebrate Easter with a bunch of other Greeks (and Greek wannabes like me) in order to dance the day away (some friends were the performers). The sunniness was fleeting - and we got rained on a couple of times (although I had an umbrella) - but for much of the day, I wore only this:


Let's discuss a couple of elements here: do you see anything on my ARMS? No. I wore a cardigan for some of the rainier/cooler moments, but for the most part? Bare arms. More importantly, do you see anything on my legs?! NO! Folks, I wore nothing but my mustardy flats on my legs yesterday: no tights, no leggings, no nothing. Just a dress and a pair of shoes. Can you DIG IT?! I don't know if I can do that in the near future again (although the weather is supposed to warm up a bit), but it was wonderful while it lasted. 

On another note, who expected that this dress would become such a workhorse this year? I bought it for $49.99 in September and I wore it throughout the fall, winter, and now the spring. It was a good buy.

In other news...?







... I got the job!!!!!

Early this afternoon, while I was about to start some proofing/editing on my dissertation, I got a phone call from the school I visited a scant five days ago: they offered me a full-time job teaching foreign languages. Full-time. I'm so excited! Although I said that I'm not sure that it's the place where I will work till I retire, it's where I want to work right now. I'm psyched. 





... Can you imagine how many pairs of Fryes I'll now be able to buy?!

Red dress: Calvin Klein, by way of TJ Maxx, remixed
Mustard flats: Nine West, by way of DSW, remixed



17 comments:

  1. Yay! Super-duper cong-ger-ratu-latu-lations on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and anticipatory congratulations on the thesis defense in a few months, too, since you will ace that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work! And I love the way you think. :) (I recently bought "because I rocked my third-year-review" boots, and I may also get "third time on the teacher of the year shortlist" boots, especially if I actually win this time.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I knew good things were in the works for you. Also, way to enjoy the lovely weather (I was bare legged and armed for a few hours myself today. Crazyness!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chalkdust! That's great news! You made me laugh out loud in the little cramped and packed grad office here at school at your last comment. That's just bomb diggigity (yep, I said it).
    Also bomb diggigity? You rocking some serious skin. Can you dig it? I can dig it! ....too much coffee, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, lovely lady! Oh, those lucky students have no idea how cool a teacher they're going to have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! Congrats! Can't wait to see your celebratory Frye boots :)
    That is a great dress, by the way. I'm hoping for bare arm/leg weather this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. People! Thank you so much for your kind words! I can't wait to actually have clothes and make-up to wear every day starting in September! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the job offer! You have long deserved it. You're rockin' those bare legs. Doesn't it feel great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!!! I just wrote you an email, and asked if you got the job, but then I was like, "Maybe I should check her blog." And here I am. So this means you'll definitely visit us in SF, yeah??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Excellence all around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, again, all! I'm very psyched...

    (Kate, we'll definitely have to figure out a SF plan, now that I'll have school holidays and - hopefully - no dissertation guilt!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Congrats on the new gig. You'll be the most stylin' foreign language teacher around. :)

    Love your outfits lately, especially this one since it reminds me of how blissful the weather was just a few days ago. There are certainly more nice days to come...hooray summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy Tits! So, excellent news all-round then! Congratulations! I for one cannot wait to see what boots your future holds!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, thanks! A-Dubs, believe it or not, I haven't actually given it THAT much thought yet... shocking, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the job!!! That's such exciting news :) I hope you do something fun to celebrate!

    (Also, LOVE this dress, and I'm pretty jealous of the bare legs and arms)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Anne! I'm hoping that Saturday will be my husband and my day to celebrate...

    ReplyDelete