Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How I wore it: dress transition

Earlier this evening, my husband and I met up at Porter Square in Cambridge in order to buy a gift for a friend of mine who just had a baby. Eeeee! Anyway, I'd had a low-key day, so I thought I'd make an event of it, seeing as I had my contacts on already (we played a little soccer after our run today, and that means that I, uh, don't wear something breakable near my face, although no way in hell am I gonna try to bounce a soccer ball with my head: those days are over, seventh-grade soccer!). I decided to shamelessly copy Thalia and Kendi and try to wear my maxi dress in a more autumnal manner, namely with a jacket (and scarf) and boots:

Thinkin' of Greece...

I actually really liked the effect. The pointy grey booties were a cool contrast with the long, flowy dress and the corduroy blazer and scarf grounded the summeriness of it all. 

(I'll tell you a secret: I was wearing tights under my dress!)

(I'll tell you another secret: I also wore a thin cardigan under my blazer for added protection: I've been seriously underdressed these past few days...)

I'd been missing my turquoise jewelry lately, so I decided to put that on, along with my new snake ring. I adored the combo:

"Well, lordy, lordy me..."

I love that snake ring, people. The detailing on it is amazing and I want to wear it all the time. I'm also scared that my other rings will get jealous.

Just a girl leaning casually on her wall


Green blazer: Gap, remixed
Scarf: H&M
Striped dress: Gap, remixed
Grey booties: Aldo, remixed
Turquoise necklace: Macy's, remixed
Turquoise earrings: Banana Republic, remixed
Snake ring: a jewelry store in Harvard Square, gift from my husband

3 comments:

  1. Ha! The thought bubble strikes again!

    I have to tell you, as soon as you mentioned Porter Square, I heard the automated "voice" on the Red Line announcing the stops. "Now entering Davis Station. Next stop, Porter Square." I spent a summer driving to Alewife, taking the T to Davis, and then hoofing it all the way to the Tufts campus before I could drive to do research for my summer ecology course.

    LOVE the turquoise, especially against the background of black and grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, edit the above: my dad drove me to the station, since I couldn't drive. There, that's better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, yay Alewife! That's near where we live!

    And, as always, thanks for the kind words. I think the thought bubble is my new favorite prop. :-)

    ReplyDelete