Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How I wore it: rock the vote

Hey all!

So this morning I woke up and it was cold. Very, very cold. Since I had gone out for a morning run in a hardcore Runner Outfit, I thought I still had to bundle up for my afternoon errand-running with my husband. Which included voting!


As it turned out, I was overdressed and overwarm for the feeble autumn sun that did end up shining. And it's no surprise: that sunset-colored sweater is one of the warmest I own. I'm glad I got to pull out the big guns, though. I really love that sweater because it reminds me of a good college friend of mine, with whom I lived my senior year of undergrad. We also lived down the hall from each other in our respective first apartments out of college when I was starting my Ph.D. program and she finishing her MA. Anyway, near the end of the academic year that we lived together, I noticed a sleeve of this same sweater draped on her floor. Thinking it was some sort of awesome scarf, I exclaimed over the color and asked her to show me the whole "scarf." She immediately pulled out the sweater and foisted it on me. Turns out it had been a gift from a family member of a friend who had bought it for herself but didn't like the fit. She gave it to my roommate who didn't really like it either, and that's how I ended up getting it, despite it being too big on me, too. I wore it a fair amount when I first got it, although it was spring in Philadelphia [perfect for chilly nights, even in the spring!] and it's become a constant winter staple for me, despite the fact that I look at these pictures and realize...it's maybe not that flattering:


I think it's that rise right in the middle of the hem. No matter. I'm still faithful to it, droopy, overlong sleeves and all! I know Halloween was already two days ago, but sometimes it's fun to continue dressing in orange and black, no?

I hope all my American buddies voted today! I seriously believe that every Election Day is an important one, even if it's not the big presidential election. It took me a few years to figure that out (I didn't register till I was, oh, 23), but now I'm pretty firm about rocking the vote. Happy Election Day!

Orange sweater: Gift from a friend, Bulldog by Urban Outfitters
Jeans: Bulldog by Urban Outfitters, remixed
Boots: Gift from my husband, from a shoe store on Ermou Street, Athens

1 comment: