Wednesday, September 29, 2010

How I wore it: research and booties

I'm supposed to send a draft of a translation to my advisor by the end of the week, so today I headed off to the Boston Public Library in order to get some references footnoted and bibliographied. After that, I was to pick up my husband at his office and then go for Thai food for dinner (which I'd been craving since Greece). It was yummy.

The weather is still summery in the New England area, at least where I am. The high was 82 degrees and the sun shone all day. So I knew I wanted to wear a lightweight dress, but I wanted to make some concession to autumn; I decided to do it the way I did last week: wear my short little booties (*shudder*). I really like the juxtaposition between summery dress and wintery shoes - I think it makes transitioning into the fall that much easier:


Because I was going to be out during the evening and in case of library-chills, I packed a cardigan, but I didn't really end up needing it, although I wore it while I was out and during the last few minutes at the library, as I can prove:


Magical.

In short, not much to blab about here: it was a fun day (nice to actually get out of the house!) and I liked my outfit - I felt like a rock n' roll nerd, which I think is my usual aesthetic...

Forgive the boob-tastic shot. I'm trying to convince Amalía to get in the picture with me. It didn't work.


Blue dress: Ann Taylor Loft, remixed
Grey booties: Aldo, remixed
Charcoal sweater (barely seen): Gap, remixed

No comments:

Post a Comment