Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hairxperiment



This morning, my husband realized that he'd left his computer in his office last night, so instead of going to the gym, I went with him into the city to retrieve his laptop. A couple of hours later, since I already had (very light) make-up on, I thought that it was the perfect time to experiment with something I'd been itching to try out for a while: Heidi braids.

Some of my favorite bloggers - Julie, Gertie, and Rebecca [today, even!] - have been spotted wearing their hair in this classic, yet adorable style. Having read and re-read a few tutorials recently, I decided to try my hand at it. You guys, it's as easy as everyone says. Just braid your hair into two braids and pin up. Even I can do it. See?

Please excuse the crappy photo quality and my sickly face. I guess...I need a little color?

I definitely need more practice: the top of my head is bristling with visible and spiny hairpins - 


- and the back of my head could've used some, oh, I don't know ... combing?


But overall, I was very pleased with the ease of this hairstyle. It creates a very cool and unexpected profile shot of one:


I just don't know if it's an option that I will go for often. I tend to like a little more volume up high (which is why I usually tie my hair into such a high knot), so that's definitely an issue. At the same time, it's nice to have a new option, especially now, when I'm feeling as if I'm in a bit of a hairstyle rut. I can definitely see myself breaking out the Heidi braids for a fun occasion, especially if I style them a little better. 

Anybody have other cool hairdo options that they swear by and that I should try?

The most pissed-off beloved Swiss literary heroine out there

No comments:

Post a Comment