Sunday, September 19, 2010

How I wore it: a night of Art

Some of my neighbors in Cambridge own a Russian-themed art gallery and they had an opening reception for a Russian sculptress. My husband and I had been excited to go for weeks and we invited a friend to come along. As soon as I knew that we were going, I knew it was an excuse to wear my new Fluevog yellow boots:


Yay! I was so excited to pair these new, sunshine-y boots with my bright new Calvin Klein dress. I was a little nervous originally about putting such bright colors together, but I loved the way it all looked in the end.


After the gallery reception, we went to get gluten-free pizza and then to a party. The boots held up admirably for a long night of standing and walking around. I will admit to a fair amount of foot-achiness by the end of the night, but I think that had to do more with the fact that I rarely wear heels than with any issues with the shoe itself. I solved the potential "too tight for my calves" problem by just wearing tights, over which the boots zipped easily.

Anyway, what more to say? I felt colorful and fresh and was complimented on both my boots and my earrings at the party, so... a good night!


Red dress: Calvin Klein, by way of TJ Maxx, remised
Grey tights: Gap, remixed
Yellow boots: John Fluevog 

No comments:

Post a Comment