Friday, February 18, 2011

How I wore it: trumped up spring

Folks, the weather here has been glorious the past two days. Granted, it's supposed to be cold again tomorrow, but for now I'm going to seize the (warm) day and enjoy the higher temps. I mean, it's almost midnight and it's still in the 50s! Life is good.

Anyway, today I had to leave the house in order to tutor my French students. I'd been dreaming of an all-blue outfit (funny - I often turn to monochromatic blue, don't I?) for some time and I went for it:


Of course, I also put on a cardigan because I don't believe it when I'm told that it's in the mid-50s in February. Do other people agree that green and blue is a totally awesome combination? I've always liked mixing those colors.

So...do we notice anything about those pants? Yeah, what about those hems puddling around my ankles? These pants have always been long on me, and now that they're quite loose on me, they drag even more. They were not the right choice for splashing through melting-snowbank-puddles. Gross. I tried to take another picture with better light and after hiking up my pants:


Slight improvement. Anyway, because my pants kept threatening to fall down (and I don't own functional belts), I was pretty ill-at-ease most of the day, but super comfortable. That being said, the hems of these pants are very ragged from years of being stepped on - is it time to toss them?

In other news, I'm going to announce a very slight Chalkdust and Boots hiatus. I'm going to NYC tomorrow to spend the long weekend with my family and I'm not planning on packing my computer or camera with me. I know, crazy. The earliest I'll be able to post is Tuesday, so stay tuned for my return then.

Bye, all!

Green cardigan: gift from mother, by way of Lord and Taylor, remixed
Blue tunic: American Apparel
Navy pants: Gap, remixed
Grey booties: Aldo, remixed

2 comments:

  1. It was warm here yesterday but I was skeptical and went out in my down coat anyway.
    I love green and blue together! I also love the tunic under the cardigan. I'm totally wearing blue and green right now - nevermind that's it my husband's blue robe and my green slippers...
    Have fun in NYC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Allison! I'm feeling decidedly odd not packing even my camera with me. Oh, well. I'll make up for it later. :) Yeah, I still went out in my wool coat JUST IN CASE. And yay for green + blue!

    ReplyDelete