Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back "home"

So my husband and I are driving back to Athens today from Sparta. Yay! In the meantime, let me show you my two new loves:


These would be the Fluevog Operetta Mirella boots in yellow. I covet them. Aren't they amazing? Wouldn't they look great, oh, just about anywhere? In my closet? Lying in my bed on my pillow? Even on my legs? Purrrrr.

How about these sexy kittens? In my color, no less:

Eeeeee! These are the Fluevog Operetta Malibran shoes in *sigh* turquoise.

I'm not a Fluevog girl, like Sal or La Historiadora de la Moda [although my one big designer handbag is from them, which I adore, and shopping in the Fluevog store (in Boston) was a wonderful experience], but I always love what I see on the feet of Fluevog followers. On a whim, I decided to go to the site this weekend and I fell in love with the two pairs of footwear seen above, especially the boots, as you can imagine. I've actually been very good about not even thinking of coveting another pair of boots after reaching the Holy Grail of my grey-boot search and buying the Fryes, so I was not expecting to fall in love again.

Now, since I will no longer be a working girl this academic year, the boots and the shoes (at $399 and $179, respectively) are only fond dreams for the moment. Maybe I'll get them as a late birthday present from my parents or ask for them for Christmas if they're still around (and we all know I'm talking about the bright yellow boots, yes?).

Because, as you can imagine, Santa would totally approve of bright yellow boots. I mean, who wouldn't?

1 comment: