Monday, March 22, 2010

Lots of news

So it's not like I meant to not update for five days. Quite the contrary, in fact. I had my best friend over, who's a total fashion babe; I wore cute outfits almost every day; I lugged my enormous camera around, but... I was too busy staring at myself in the mirror.

Because? ... I got bangs.

YAY.

I'd been wanting bangs for almost a year, but I didn't have the guts to do it, as I know it's kind of a big commitment. And many friends told me what a pain in the ass they were to maintain. And then I started looking at pictures of Jane Birkin, Anna Karina, Zooey Deschanel (modern girl crush!) and saving them onto my computer and I couldn't wait anymore. I bugged people who were good visualizers [art teachers at my workplace] and told them to visualize bangs.

So, knowing that my best friend since birth was going to be with me, I sleuthed some salons and made an appointment. Friday was D-Day. I showed the stylist my pictures and told her that this was my dream. If I didn't have the hair or face (+ big glasses) for it, I was in her hands (considering I chopped off all my hair when I was 23 and kept it like that for almost three years, I'm not so scared of trusting stylists with my precious locks). She decided to go for it. AND I'M SO GLAD SHE DID. It was a bit of a shock to my system on both Friday and Saturday, but as of yesterday I'm digging it enormously. I plan to keep it like this for a while. My husband loves it -- naturally; his first love was Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra. My best friend loves it. Even my parents semi-love it. With my dramatic eyeliner routine and my new hair, I can show the world my love for the 60s.

I love it down, but I SUPER love it when I wear it up, which is how I wear my hair most of the time:


That was me last night, trying to figure out a pose to give the people what they want. And by the people I mean Facebook, because all my friends are demanding pictures.

Oh, and by the way, I wore clothes today. I went to the doctor for a quick check-up and, to my delight, after getting my blood drawn, got a bandage on my arm the same color as my shirt:


BADASS! I don't really have much to say about this outfit: I sometimes like primary colors.

The end!




Red top: Tony's, a small boutique in Philadelphia's Old City
Dark blue jeans: Bulldog by Urban Outfitters
Blue boots: Frye Victoria Slouches, by way of Zappos.com, remixed

No comments:

Post a Comment