Thursday, October 9, 2014

How I wore it: it's Johnny's birthday!

So today, as I knew I wouldn't be biking because of my faculty meeting, I planned something a little special. And the fact that it was John Lennon's (would-be 74th) birthday was icing on the cake.

Meet my 2013 Christmas present(s) from my husband!

Under the sweatshirt is a Beatles tank. Duh.

So those are my cowboy boots. Um, I love them? I never knew that turquoise fleur-de-lys cowboy boots would make me go all mushy inside, but they do. I basically peer-pressured my husband into buying them for me - he's not a big cowboy boot fan, but he loved these, too. They are super-comfy, but since they basically are the highest heels I wear on a regular basis (sad), after a long day, my feet do get a little tired. So far I haven't branched out a lot beyond wearing them with jeans or leggings, but I did wear them with a fancy eyelet dress for graduation last year. It was intensely cool. 

Every single other element of my outfit is from Old Navy online. A few years ago, I only owned one thing by Old Navy and now the majority of my wardrobe is from there. The shift happened when I got pregnant: I didn't want to invest a lot of money on maternity clothes and this seemed like an easy solution. Since then, I've basically come to rely on their sales, my coupons, and their online reviews. I tend to only buy stuff that's reviewed so I can see what runs big, small, etc. I've only had to send one thing back because some of their sizing is wacky - other than that, it's been a big success. I try to buy pieces that are basic and wearable and, hey, I don't spend a lot of money! Win-win.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed meeting what may be my favorite pairs of boots ever (I know, I say that a lot). Happy Thursday night!

Grey sweatshirt: Old Navy (online)
Jeans: Old Navy (online), remixed
Cowboy Boots: Corral, by way of countryoutfitter.com, gift from my husband

No comments:

Post a Comment