Wednesday, October 8, 2014

How I wore it: heart on my shirt

Today was my first day back at work since Friday (we had our first mini between-term vacation, for students to chillax and for teachers to write grades and comments) and I was not feelin' it. I had a very cute outfit planned, what with boots and tights and skirts and whatnot, but the weather has been warm and humid (not to mention, this morning, rainy), so I decided to wear something a little less…sticky. I didn't bike, as it was pouring when I left my house (natch, it stopped two seconds after I stepped outside, but I had already resigned myself to saving money by taking the school bus, so…), but I managed to get a long bike ride in on Monday and a couple of minutes in yesterday. Not too bad!

Here's my "back to work and thrilled about it" look of the day:

Tilt! Also, these shoes look way greener on iPhoto!

Of course I was already at work when I realized the date (October 8th) - John Lennon's birthday is tomorrow and here I am wearing a Beatles t-shirt in advance. Oh, well. It's not like I don't own other Beatles tees. (By the way, Baby Boots and I are both sitting on the couch as I write this, watching 'Yellow Submarine,' her new favorite movie. I'm a great mom.)

I cuffed the crap out of my black jeans because: a) I really like the look of cuffed pants and oxfords and b) these jeans are ridiculously long on me. I bought them in "tall" over the winter because they didn't have them in regular (and I couldn't wait, as these were replacements for another pair and life without black jeans is no life for me); I figured it wouldn't matter so much, as I tend to wear boots so often. I honestly didn't think of cuffing them until today. I'm so glad I did! 

The weather is supposed to cool down a little the next couple of days, so I'm looking forward to wearing boots again and introducing y'all to one of my favorite pairs. Ever…

Beatles tee: Old Navy (online)
Black jeans: Old Navy (online), remixed
Green oxfords: John Fluevog, remixed



No comments:

Post a Comment