Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Let's do the Time Warp again!

Last fall, Lopi talked about her love of old school Reebok Freestyles. I think I remember people actually wearing them back in the day, so - intrigued - I went onto the Reebok site and started playing around with the concept of designing my own sneakers. I played around with some of my favorite colors and came out with a pretty awesome working model. Then my husband designed his own and we bought each other our self-designed sneakers for Christmas/Epiphany.

As you know, I'm not much of a sneaker wearer, but there's something about these (the boot-ness? The combo of my favorite colors?) that I can't resist. So today, on a day that threatened rain and 70-degree weather and lots of slippery kitchen work, I decided to pull out my babies:

Note the mud stains. These are well loved, people. Also, this is the radiator in my office. Intriguing!

There's not much to say about them. I love them, I love having ankle support, and I love that I "made" them [I was always wondering why these colors spoke to me … until I realized that my daughter's stroller is the EXACT SAME COLOR]. The kids at school love them (when I first wore them last year, there was almost a riot), and they were perfect with a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and a flannel over the whole shebang. 

Sometimes I am comfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment