Friday, December 17, 2010

How I wore it: tangled up in blue

Hi folks! It looks like it'll be another gluten-free pizza night over here. I feel bad for having a house full of groceries and not cooking, but the one thing my husband requested for dinner we don't have, he's coming home late, and I'm just feeling a little under the weather. I'm wondering if this is why my week has been so horribly unproductive and all I've wanted to do is nap. Oh, well.

Anyway, because I've been feeling so almost-sick, it was nice to have my sole French tutee brought to my home again instead of schlepping to her place (which...isn't that far). In our next meeting, I'll have both girls again, and for a full hour, at one of their houses, but for now I was quietly grateful to have her brought to me. And what better thing to do than to snuggle into a warm, wool shirt that belonged to my dad?


OHMIGOD! Where's my hair?!


Oh, there it is - I just braided it! Hmm. I'm actually kind of amazed at how neat this braid looks. Figures I didn't leave the house today.

Anyway, back to my outfit. I wanted to wear my navy blue pants out of vanity. The last time I wore them was for my doctor's visit, at which time I saw a pretty shocking number on his scale. I've been eating super healthily for the past three weeks or so, trying not to indulge in candy (my big weakness), and controlling my portions more level-headedly and I already feel more myself and I know that I've lost several pounds since the visit. I'm not particularly interested in chronicling my "Chalkdust goes without gummi bears and Reese's: finds gum poor substitute" epic in this forum, but I will say that it's nice to fit into my pants normally (for me) again.

So, long story short ("too late"), I wanted to wear my navy pants to show them who was boss. And, because I want to be all snuggled and warm, I wore my dad's old wool top. Ahh, monochrome. See how easy life can get, folks?

(I promise I'll wear something more interesting in the near future. With boots, even!)

I thought I'd share a little blog love today. As I mentioned yesterday, my husband and I are both very homesick for Greece, odd for me, as I've only spent one Christmas/New Year's in Athens, so it's not like my soul yearns to celebrate the holidays there (as it does for my husband). Our last visit "home" this summer was a little tense and full of family/home obligations, so we didn't really have the most carefree time we could've there - I think that's why we (or at least I) am dreaming of going back sooner rather than later. In the meantime, this is what suffices for the moment:

  • Fashion Architect - Lopi's was the first Greek style blog I ever read and I remain faithful to her years down the line. She has an interesting eye, strong opinions, and wonderful accessories. If you haven't gotten to know her yet, GO.
  • Life in Athens - I kind of want to be best friends with Thalia. She goes to cool style-blogger events, always has a smile on her face, and stages great photo shoots. She also has successfully (almost) completed a year long NOT shop project. I...don't have that stamina. 
  • Life Full of Fashion - Elena has the life. She wears beautiful clothes, has an infectious writing style, and goes to all sorts of wonderful events in Greece that I can only watch from afar in panting, drooling jealousy. 
  • Ordinary Style Pulse - joanaddicted is anything but ordinary. This stunning beauty simmers in beautiful photographs that show her beautiful life, beautiful environment, beautiful friends, beautiful inspirations, and beautiful photo shoots. If I were creative in anyway, I'd want her to be my muse. And it's her blog alone that's making me reconsider chopping off all my hair again in an attempt to be as devil-may-care as she. 
So there you have it, people. While these might not quite substitute for a week's stay in Athens, they're definitely a lot cheaper and easier to navigate. 

... In the meantime, I'm gonna go look at some airplane ticket prices and start planning for the summer...

Navy shirt: dad's old, remixed
Navy pants: Gap, remixed
Moccasins: Minnetonka, remixed 

2 comments:

  1. This looks very cozy and I am envious of your braid. Pizza sounds goood. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was indeed delicious. My braid used to be CRAZY thick before I got bangs, but so it goes...

    ReplyDelete