Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The closest I've been to science in thirteen years

Hellooooooo!

I am thrilled to be able to tell you about a very official science experiment I performed at my home last night. I've been hearing about dry shampoo for a while now [i.e., shampoo for not having to get your hair yet] and I'd been interested for a while: I tend to wash my hair every other day, but now that I have heavy bangs that might get oily, I'd been recently washing my hair every day -- but it also made me nervous, because I was raised on stories by my mom that washing one's hair every day is bad. So I saw on the internets that Julie over at Orchid Grey uses TRESemmé dry shampoo and she has the best hair on the internet, so that was my sign. It took me a while, but I finally found the product I wanted after some days of fruitless searching. I decided to test it out last night.

Side note: since I wake up at ass o'clock AM every morning, I shower and/or wash my hair in the evening. So I washed my hair Monday -- it looked nice yesterday and also yesterday evening, but I knew that today during the day it would probably look oily and stringy...or slightly more so than I wanted.


Here I am on the phone. You see how my bangs are starting to separate? That's just what I wanted to avoid for the entirety of today (Wednesday). Here's another picture, pre-shampoo:


Ugh. More of what I wanted to avoid. So I spritzed some on my hair, especially my bangs, and here's what I came up with:


See? I approve! I know these pictures are blurry and unorthodox, but don't my bangs look better, shinier, and more unified? Then I slept on it. Here I am this morning:


Love. So how did it hold out all day? Awesomely. My bangs separated a little bit, but throughout the day my hair looked much better than it usually does after skipping a day of washing. Since I know that this stuff works, my next step is just to spray it on on the morning that I want my hair to look good, instead of sleeping on it from the night before -- it literally takes about three minutes to deal with.

So TRESemmé's Fresh Start dry shampoo for dry, oily hair? I'm a fan.

(And, no, I wasn't compensated for writing this)

No comments:

Post a Comment