Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How I wore it: going, going gone!

Happy (belated) March! Do we think that spring is coming soon? I sure hope so!

Well, as you may remember, today I had a Very Special Appointment with Cheryl, my stylist. I was supposed to meet up with my husband some hours after the appointment, and go to a concert after THAT, so I had to dress comfortably, but I wanted to mix it up a little:


I used to tuck my shirts in all the time, but I really stopped doing that in college or so. Well, I'm kinda back into it every once in a while. I tucked my graphic David Bowie tee into my workhorse red skirt and decided to belt up the whole shebang. I would've preferred a wider belt, but it didn't fit well in the loops. So I went with a skinny belt. Thick grey tights, Greek boots, and a contrasting green sweater finished the look. 


This is kind of a different look for me and helped a lot in mitigating the style-rut that I've been feeling. I felt comfy and pretty rocking all day long.

Oh, would you like to know how the haircut went?


YUP! I cut it off! Cheryl did a great job and I love how I look, although my husband is kind of mourning the old hair. There's a ton of product in it at the moment, so I look forward to showcasing it in its more "natural" state. Yay!!!


People, I love having a forehead again! And I can't wait to experiment further with earrings and bolder make-up. 

Fun times ahead!

Green cardigan: gift from my mom, via Lord and Taylor, remixed
David Bowie t-shirt: Gap, remixed
White belt: from another dress
Red skirt: Dickie's brand, by way of Guacamole (a store in Philadelphia), remixed
Grey tights: Gap, remixed (?)
Boots: gift from husband from a shoe store on Ermou Street, Athens, remixed




18 comments:

  1. The hair looks AMAZING. Looking forward to seeing you style it at home! Also love that Bowie shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Talk about going big or going home! What a great cut! Also, I'm super envious of your red skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be one of my favorite outfits on you yet, and yowza on the hair, lady! I can't wait to see the cut with your blue glasses - I can already tell you'll look smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haircut! And I think one of the best things about short hair is the way they allow you to show off earrings that otherwise disappear under longer hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The haircut looks awesome! So fun!
    I love this outfit - you've given me an idea about styling my own red skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, what a great look on you. You're like an intellectual Jean Seberg.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks amazing on you! Don't get me wrong, I loved your long hair, but short hair suits your features so well! And damn your glasses look great with the cut!

    I love the red skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW! We are talking about big changes here! I am not sure if I could do such a thing, but you rock girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fantastic. No mourning needed.

    Also, between you and Kendi, I feel a sudden strong urge to acquire a workhorse red skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ADORE it! I've been thinking of going pixie myself...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Freaking YES!! You look fantastic, here I am 'working' in my 'office' (tiny crowed room) and I gasped. Looks great, really! Just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Both the outfit and the new 'do are amazing. The new cut makes your features stand out in the best of ways. I'm with Katie, can't wait to see it with the blue specs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm always a little shocked when I see women who looked great with really long hair go for a pixie cut and rock that too! I always awesome that one or the other works. NOT TRUE, OBVIOUSLY! And I def admire you because this must have taken some courage!

    ReplyDelete
  14. People, thanks so much for all the haircut love! It's so heartening to read your comments while my husband is still kind of doing a mental shudder every time he looks at me (when he first met me, my hair was pretty much like this, so I don't think he's THAT pissed. Just...shocked.). I'm super excited.

    Red and Katie, I'm also psyched to début this with the blue specs. I tried them on last night and it looked pretty awesome.

    Sue, as an earring lover, I can't wait to SHOW them again!

    Rad, funny story. The picture I showed to my stylist was of Jean Seberg in "À bout de souffle." So...you just made my day, pretty much.

    Sal, DO IT. I think you'll look amazing.

    And the rest of you whom I'm not addressing directly: thanks again for all your kind words and support. I'm glad you're with me in this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa! I talked outloud to my laptop when I saw the change. In the top pic, I saw how long and thick your hair is...and then, your face. I really, really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been following your blog for a while, but never commented. I love your new hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know I've already mentioned this on more recent posts, but I LOOOOOVE the haircut. I love it. It looks so phenomenal on you!

    Also, I need to get me a David Bowie t-shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete