Monday, May 31, 2010

Scenes from a long weekend

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Again, it's kind of been a while. So this was Memorial Day weekend and it was pretty great, especially as classes are done for me and tomorrow all I do with my students is give them back their finals and feed them [I have baked goods in the oven as we speak], the two days after that are graduation, and then -- apart from having to go to work for curriculum stuff -- summer vacation!

[...not that all of next year won't be like summer vacation, but...]

Anyway, this weekend we had a dear friend visit us for two nights: she went to high school with my husband and settled in Philly, the town we lived in before Boston/Cambridge, so we used to see her a lot when we used to live there. This was the first time we'd hung out with her since Christmas of 2008, when we met up in Athens for a few hours. Anyway, because of her visit, we were able to do many things ... like have a party!


This dress, perhaps the shortest I own, is a hand-me-down. My sophomore year roommate didn't fit into it anymore and she passed it on to me. It's a great summer dress (I've taken it to Greece two years in a row and I wore it the first time I met my now in-laws), but I don't wear it that often because I'm self-conscious about how short it is. Frankly, this is the first picture I've seen of myself in it and, damn! Is it short... But it was just the thing for a warm evening in my new home, hosting friends and colleagues for the first time there.

Today, we went to the New England Aquarium in Boston and I made a new friend.


You've seen this outfit before: I wore it almost identically at the end of April for Greekfest 2010. The only difference is that I added a short-sleeved hoodie over it. (And I'm kissing an enormous stuffed octopus that now lives in our living room). Because of my new boyfriend's tentacles, you can't really see any details of the grey hoodie. Good thing I enjoy making out with cephalopods:


Much better. And that's the hoodie. Not very exciting, I know. But don't we love my new best friend?!

Not a very exciting post, I admit. Thankfully, what with this week being the graduation ceremonies, I'll dress up more and show you some good outfits. Laters!

Red and green dress: gift from a friend
Flip-flops: Urban Outfitters


Navy pants: Gap, remixed
Polka-dotted tube top: Express, remixed
Grey hoodie: Gap
Flip-flops: Urban Outfitters, remixed

No comments:

Post a Comment