Wednesday, April 24, 2013

How I wore it: spring, spring, spring!

Today was a beautiful day in Massachusetts and all my fellow citizens were celebrating. We woke up to temperatures in the 40s and they went up to the mid-60s by the end of the day. After yesterday's cold, raw, wet day, this was a welcome change - and it will be like that for the rest of the week, they say!

I decided to wear a maxi dress that I haven't worn since the early fall (and haven't featured since last July). Since the weather was still brisk when I woke up, I decided to pair it with a cardigan and short boots. I loved the way I looked and I got some compliments, but I have a few nits to pick, of course:

What is up with those stiff arms?!

(Well, first off, the dress was super-wrinkled, but whatevs)

Although I love them dearly, my husband has been complaining about my little cashmere cardigans for ages. He says they make every good outfit turn immediately into a dowdy old lady look. I thought he was just being silly until I looked at this photo and realized how darn, well, mumsy I look with this conservative cardigan over a slam-dunk of a dress. Of course, I did need a cover-up, so... what else could I do? Methinks it's time to invest in some lightweight, flattering cardis, what do you guys think?

It's a sad time in the Boots household, as I realized today that I have to say goodbye to the boots I'm wearing with this outfit. 


These wonderful cognac leather boots were bought for me by my husband in Athens for Christmas 2008. They've survived four years of hard wear. Their soles have been replaced once. However, upon taking them off today, I noticed that my heels felt very sore and potentially blistered - and I noticed that the boots' soles/heels have worn off and torn through and...considering I have twelve other pairs of boots, I think it's okay to retire them. I'M JUST SAD ABOUT IT! 

Alas.

Anyways, I must fly (as usual) to try to get to bed before it gets obscenely late. Good night!

Purple cardigan: gift from my mom, by way of Lord and Taylor, remixed
Green maxi dress: Old Navy (online), remixed
Modesty top (underneath dress): Express, remixed
Boots: gift from my husband, by way of a shoe store on Ermou Street, Athens, remixed

No comments:

Post a Comment