Sunday, April 7, 2013

How I wore it: power outfit redux

Hi all! So I've been planning to update for days and days and now, at past 11 PM on Sunday evening, I finally have a few moments to myself to do so.

Last Wednesday, I had my anticipated meeting with the head of school to discuss the possibility of me leaving (notably, a few hours later, while I was still at work, I found out that I didn't get the postdoc I wanted, so it was kind of a useless conversation, as my contract still found its way onto her desk by the end of that day). So I decided to make it a fun outfit. New boots, plaid pants of justification ("Damn, these boots would go so well with that one pair of jeans!"), and black layers: I felt badass all day long:


Yes. Am I right? I freakin' loved everything about this outfit and was so enamored of the new Fluevogs + skinny jeans combo that I recreated it the next day, but with black jeans. I couldn't resist. 


I mean, can you blame me? This outfit is made of win! 

So that's the scoop. I'm still applying to the Sanskrit jobs that are out there (surprisingly many, considering the field), which leads to a lot of heavy conversations with my husband about the probability of us moving/me getting a job/etc./etc. Heavy stuff. I've been a little down, to be honest, about kind of the poor choices I've made in the past, what with all the breaks I took from finishing my Ph.D. and how out of the loop I am in the field and how I coulda shoulda woulda. I don't know. I guess there's time now to make up for past mistakes (or inactions, to be precise), but I'm so tired from working full-time and being the mother of a toddler that I just don't know when I can do it all. 

Fortunately, the weather's getting nicer, summer vacation is 9 weeks away, and hopefully something wonderful will happen.

Good luck with the upcoming week!

Sweater vest: Brooks Brothers, gift from my mom, remixed
Black top: H&M, remixed
Plaid jeans: Gap (online), remixed
Black booties: Fluevog, remixed


No comments:

Post a Comment