Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Birthday loot, 31st edition

Greetings from Sparta! It's currently 108 degrees and we have no A/C here. Both the baby and I are doing GREAT, let me tell you...

As some of you may or may not know, August 6th (yesterday) is my birthday and yesterday I turned 31. Woo! Let this be the year that no one mistakes me for a student at work!

Since July kind of sucked for both my husband and me (deadlines to be met, no outings to be had, etc., etc.), my husband decided to make my birthday SPECTACULAR. And, boy, did he deliver.

First, he drove me into Sparta for some shopping. He first indulged my impulse purchase of shiny hairpins...


... then we went into my favorite jewelry store and I picked out a suitable birthday present...


 ... and then he surprised me by picking up the tab for a pair of shorts that I desperately needed (I don't tend to wear shorts and I hadn't bought any since...2002? 2003? I don't even know)...



All of these will be delayed gratification, though, as my hair is still a little too short to stick a decorative hairpin into (although, by God, I will try); the earrings need to be taken out when Baby Boots is not in the vicinity; and the shorts popped a button while I was trying them on (I'm gonna ask my mom-in-law to sew it back on. Nope, I can't sew buttons. Shut up.). Still, totes worth it.

After a short rest, we went here...


... for a trip to the beach with Baby Boots and then a late dinner by the water. I ate this:


... It was delicious. After a late candle-blowing ceremony on homemade flan, the day ended. It was one of the best birthdays ever! I can't wait to show you the results of the shopping. Also, I went shopping last week in Athens. I have two words for you: harem pants.

Stay cool!



1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!! (well, late now) I think your birthday sounds like it was amazing (except for the being sans AC thing) The hairpins are gorgeous (sparkly things? yes please!) and great choice on the shorts. I actually bought my first pair in years this summer and they were also blue (though mine more of a teal)

    ReplyDelete