Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How I wore it: at last

People, today was a cloudy, cool day in the Boston area. It wasn't gorgeous weather, but what can you do? I know that I was longing for rain, but ... after seeing other bloggers in summery clothes? I'm ready for 75+ degree weather. And sun.

But...


When I left my house to go to an author signing/reading, the grey clouds were heavy and low. The light threatened rain. I peered out the window so many times that finally, I just thought, "Eff it. It looks like rain. I'm wearing them."

So I did. I wore my new rain boots:


... And wouldn't you know it: I was only caught in a couple of sprinkles. That's okay, though - I was so happy to finally wear my cool rubber boots! They were über-comfortable: I wore them on my walk to the bookstore, about a mile away and there was no discomfort issue in the least. Thumbs up to Steve Madden! 

This actually wasn't the outfit I'd planned with the new boots (I planned on wearing the dark blue jeggings to create a long line of the leg between the pant and the foot), but I had a mind-change last minute, so I went with this look. I liked the light grey as a base with the navy on the bottom and turquoise on the top. 

I continue to adore these boots and can't wait to test them out in real rain. They're gonna be a huge wardrobe staple, especially next year, when I'm working and don't have the luxury to spend stormy days at home...

Turquoise tunic: American Apparel, remixed
Grey jeggings: HUE, by way of Lord and Taylor, remixed
Navy boots: Steve Madden Tsunamii

4 comments:

  1. Yay rain boots! Glad to hear they're comfortable. "Will it or won't it rain" weather drives me nuts. It's so hard to dress for that. But if I had a sweet pair of rain boots, I'd probably wear them at the sight of any gray clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for new rain boots! They look awesomely stylish! Happy puddle stomping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots are gorgeous, rain or shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies! I'm so happy with this purchase!!

    ReplyDelete