Saturday, February 27, 2010

My new favorite color

Last night, I was walking down the street with my husband when the window display of the corny jewelry store around the corner from our home caught my eye. There was a beautiful turquoise ring, just a big chunk of rock on a silver base, sitting there and I purred. "What a pretty ring!" I cooed. And then I reminded my husband that our four-year anniversary (of dating) was next week and that I really liked that ring.

[I might add that I went back to it today, tried it on, had it put aside, and my husband has already bought it for me and has it "hidden" in his closet, not to be seen till next Sunday.]

Anyway, it got me to thinking about turquoise and how much I love it. Last summer, in Greece, I noticed that a lot of the jewelry advertised in magazines and store windows was turquoise. Now I'm not one who notices style or predict trends, but even I realized that maybe turquoise was something that would be rather popular in the near future.

Before this summer, I owned one or two jewelry pieces of that color. Now? My collection has grown exponentially (and it continues to do so, apparently!). I bought a lot in Greece during the summer, some stuff in Banana Republic this year, not to mention my cream/turquoise scarf from the Indian stand at the Prudential Mall while Christmas shopping. Incorrigible:


Behold my collection as it now stands, resting atop my scarf. Except for the pendant [gift] and earrings [Banana Republic], on the far left, everything else is from my summer trip to Greece, bought in one fell swoop from an Accessorize store in Athens. The latter pieces are not the best quality, but they are so fun and colorful that I always get comments when I wear them. I can't wait to add the new ring to the collection.

On a side note, I wore clothes today. Here they are:


Sassy! What would Tyra say about my lack of a neck? Also, you finally get to see my first pair of Frye boots in action. I heart 'em.



Well, it's a Saturday evening, my husband and I have been invited to three parties and are attending none in order to have dinner alone at home. Have a lovely weekend.

Blue boots: Frye Veronica Slouches, by way of Zappos
Black jeans: Bulldog by Urban Outfitters, remixed
Polka-dot dress: American Apparel

No comments:

Post a Comment