Monday, February 8, 2010

How I wore it: Monday blahs

So it's Monday. Another week of feeling as if my hands are permanently filmed in chalk. Not hot. However, I decided to bust out my favorite dress for Monday, as well as my new favorite sweater. And, to top it off, I went with a pop of red. Behold!


How thrilled do I look after a long day at work?

The dress is the same one I wore on Saturday. And the sweater, of course, I wore yesterday. I think this is the first time that I've worn something on a weekday that's such a perfect amalgam of my weekend outfits. 

The sweater is fairly new; I bought it a couple of weeks ago and I love it. It's super warm and it's in my two favorite colors! Black and grey! And I love black and grey TOGETHER. Win! 

The shoes are red patent leather with a slight wedge. They're a little...bright, but I do enjoy them greatly. Especially when I wear my red seashell necklace:


My husband bought me this seashell necklace in Chania, in Crete, for my 28th birthday. I love it with a passion. While I was wearing it one day, though, I was told by a group of girls that I looked like Ursula from 'The Little Mermaid'... AFTER she gets pretty. All right, then. 

Anyway, happy Monday! 

Black dress: Gap, remixed
Black and grey sweater: Banana Republic, remixed
Black stockings: Gap
Red wedges: CL by Laundry, by way of DSW
Seashell necklace: gift from husband, jewelry store in Chania, Crete

No comments:

Post a Comment