Friday, July 19, 2013

How I wore it: double date!

Today was a good day. My poor husband was in charge of the baby while I worked like crazy on a potential article (should be out the door by the end of the weekend!). But we had planned on going out on a seafood date with our cousin and her husband and out we went, dammit! We left Baby Boots with her grandma and great-aunt at the latter's home and went to a beautiful neighborhood by the sea in Piraeus to eat at one of our favorite restaurants there.

Although my temptation was to dress up with a fun new dress and jewelry and etc., etc., I very consciously kept it simple tonight. I know that whenever I try too hard, I'm surrounded by hot Athenian babes wearing simple dresses and shoes, so I decided to relax and wear a simple black dress and the new espadrilles I bought a couple of days ago, and also to put on contacts for fun:


I swear it seemed light out when I took the photo...

I bought this black dress about a year ago as a potential postpartum nursing summer outfit (buttons!) and have worn it often since then, usually over opaque tights or leggings and with boots over the school year. It's scandalously short for my standards, but it is what it is. Over the summers, I wear it alone with a bright pair of shoes. Tonight it turned out to be my cheerful new espadrille-type shoes. They're fun, right? I love espadrilles, which I call alpargatas, traditional peasant shoes in Spain / Argentina. I had a lace-up pair, also red, when I was about thirteen and I ADORED them. Sigh...

Laughing at Baby Boots' antics

And that's me! Sorry for the crappy quality pictures! I'll be better next time, I promise!

Black dress: Old Navy (online), remixed
Red shoes: Tsakiris Mallas


No comments:

Post a Comment