Saturday, March 30, 2013

How I wore it: "spring break"

I'm sure y'all are bored of hearing me complain about how I didn't get a real spring break because of baby and I have two weeks and I barely got this second week and blah-blah-blah world's smallest violin. It's true. In my incredibly privileged vacation schedule, my second week - in which I wanted to work on job applications and grades and lesson plans and turning my dissertation into a publishable manuscript  - was kind of a bust. Remember how I said Baby Boots started barfing? Well, then I got sick. On Wednesday I could barely get up from a prone position, as a random fever suddenly started spiking (although I did take and bring my baby home from daycare). Thursday I was nauseated the whole day, plus the baby had her 15-month check-up (yes, she's 15 months old!). Yesterday was my real day "off," but my brother and his family came into town for lunch and ... so, yeah. Summer, I'm lookin' at you!!

Anyways, as I mentioned, yesterday my brother, his wife, and their two kids came to visit me for a quick lunch on their way to my sister-in-law's family for Easter. I put on clothes for them, and kept them on when I picked up Baby Boots from daycare a couple of hours later. The top is from my mythical September Old Navy purchase. Everything else y'all have seen a billion times:


As usual, because I'm a terrible photographer, my beloved blue Fryes photographed as black, but they're definitely blue and I wore them on purpose because of my striped top. I freakin' love that shirt, you guys. It's a simple-ass grey and blue striped long-sleeved tee, but I love it. It's ridiculously flattering (I totally don't buy into that "horizontal stripes are unflattering" nonsense): every time I wear it at work, people tell me I look slim. At work, I tend to wear it with a scarf of some sort because it's a little too clingy on the chestal arena, but for a casual Friday at home with family, it was fine. 

I'm in a bit of a rut with that top. I tend to wear it with black jeans and boots (usually my blue rain boots, on a rainy day), but not with much else. Any suggestions, Style Nation?

Striped top: Old Navy (online)
Black jeans: Bulldog brand, via Urban Outfitters, remixed
Blue boots: Frye Veronica Slouches, via zappos.com, remixed

No comments:

Post a Comment