Friday, November 14, 2014

Return of side braid

I haven't braided my hair in a messy, loose side braid since, oh, 2011

But my hair is getting long and I thought today would be a good day to try again. My hair is slightly shorter than it was three years ago; plus, it's layered, so the braid is a little less awesome, but it was kind of nice to let go of some control today via my hair:

My office looks homey, no?

And there it is. The braid itself is shorter because the "tail" has to kind of be longer because of the layers, but I only readjusted it a couple of times (during my free blocks, of course) and I was pretty happy with it. 

In other news, I can't believe that my hair has grown so long again! I kind of want to cut it all off again, but I know my husband will have a nervous collapse. Also, what with Baby Boots and wanting to send her to college, I don't really have extra funds to drop $50 a month for a haircut (which is what happens when I have short hair). 

That being said, I bought two new things this past week. I'm not good at limiting myself…


No comments:

Post a Comment