Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How I wore it: nothin' but blue skies

Today we woke up to sunny skies, but the weather eventually got cooler and rainier as the day went on, which I knew would happen from obsessively checking my phone's weather app every few minutes. I decided to pull out my favorite colored jeans to make it seem sunny all day long. Although I'd never done this before, I decided to pair them with my favorite light cardigan and a striped nursing top that I'm fond of. And this time I tucked in the tank! My mustard flats and picked up the yellow accents from the cardigan, I hope, and - well - I liked the look:


Since I had gotten super-sick over the weekend and actually took yesterday (Tuesday) off as a sick day, I needed something comfortable and easy and this fit the bill perfectly. Although I don't think I've tucked in a shirt for years, I liked how this worked out. Furthermore, the neutrals on the sweater went nicely with the brightness of the jeans, I thought... It's amazing how much more I am into putting colors together than I used to be. 

Well, a movie I like is playing and I need to wash some dishes and continue with my self-imposed "improving my Hindi reading skillz" homework. 

Chalkdust out!

Striped cardigan: gift from my mom, by Ralph Lauren
Striped (black and white, though you can't tell) top: Glamourmom, by way of Isis Maternity
Turquoise jeans: Gap (online), remixed
Mustard flats: Nine West, by way of DSW, remixed



No comments:

Post a Comment