Monday, April 20, 2015

coming out of hibernation

Yikes.

Sorry, all.

It's been a while, huh?

I think I can be forgiven, though, no?

In the months that I've been absent, a lot has happened.

Namely, the Boston area was walloped by its snowiest winter ever. EVER. Let me get that through to you. I've had five snow days. It has snowed and snowed. I basically wore my yeti-Sorels every single day. I went to school in two pairs of pants more than a few times. Gross.

In the meantime, I also chaperoned a school trip to Quebec (for just two nights), went to my yearly nerdfest (academic conference), this year in New Orleans, gave a talk at an illustrious local university that has made noises about hiring me in the future, and continued living my life.

The weather has started to get a lot better over the past couple of weeks, so I've started tentatively biking again. I even commuted via bike twice last week! Of course, now it's rainy and will be so forever, so who knows when the next time will be.

In the meantime, my husband and I bought a hardcore rowing machine, so I've been keeping relatively in shape with that. It's a good excuse to watch 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' every night, which was my favorite show back in the day, but I haven't watched since it finished.

Do y'all remember that a few years ago, I was just down in the doldrums and felt myself to be in a fashion rut? Cutting off my hair helped a lot, but I got bored again and then I had no time to think about it because I got pregnant and got a job quite precipitously. Well, I'm back in the rut.

I desperately want to do something new to my hair, but I don't know what. I'd love to chop it again, but it's too expensive to maintain. I kind of, but don't, want new glasses. So I actually today ordered a free five-pair trial from Warby Parker again to see if I can find a relatively cheap way of changing my look.

So that's what's up! I hope to start posting more again...

No comments:

Post a Comment