Wednesday, August 27, 2014

How I wore it: work experiment

Hey, all! Woo, today was my first day back to work since early June. I know, I know, I shouldn't complain, but man, it was tough. It was seven hours of meetings, which was tough, but it was nice to see my colleagues/friends and to catch up with a bunch of folks.

The school where I work is quite a ways from home. I usually take the subway or walk to the train station, take the train to the station near school, and then take a shuttle van from THAT train station to school, along with a bunch of students (since I teach first thing in the morning, I can't risk taking the school bus which picks up practically by my door, as it gets to school RIGHT before that first class). One of my colleagues does this thing where he bikes to the train station, takes his bike on the train, and then bikes from our stop to work. I decided to try it today. And it worked! Granted, maneuvering the bike onto (and off) the train and through the aisles was tough, but I got the job done and worked off breakfast and most of lunch! And, hey, if I could do it in 90-degree weather…

Here I am, having just come home before dashing to pick up Baby Boots from daycare, full of triumph:



On the first day of meetings, where I'm meeting (potentially dishy) new colleagues, I like to dress up a little nicer, but since I knew I'd be biking in hot weather today, I kept it super simple. 

Note, too, the sweat stains at my belly and armpits. I'm revolting. But fit!

Granted, my colleague who bikes is more of a hippie type than a spandex-clad jock, but this video sort of summed up our shared experience today:



Enjoy.

Striped tee: Gap, remixed
Shorts: J. Crew Factory (online)
Moccasins: Minnetonka (via Lord and Taylor NYC), remixed

No comments:

Post a Comment