Sunday, July 22, 2012

Who are you? Who, who? Who, who?

Oh. My. God. Internet, I've missed you so much. Not just you, Style Nation. But all of the internet. My husband and I have been in Greece for almost three whole weeks, but we've only gotten a reliable internet connection as of ... yesterday. This means that I've not updated (duh), read no blogs (I'm literally MONTHS behind on all my favorites), and barely even checked my work e-mail.

Damn.

So, what's new, guys? I'm in Athens. Life is good. The baby is loving all the attention she's getting from her paternal relatives and she also got baptized today.

Some observations from the past few weeks months that might be of worth:


  • Baby Boots is eating solids now! It's very exciting. 
  • I ordered a bunch of cute clothes from Old Navy that are suitable to nurse in and will even be showing them off on this here "blog" soon, as soon as I remember how to take photos and what a blog is. 
  • A few weeks ago, I ran out of my regular black eyeliner and so I went to Sephora and bought what seemed to be the new version of it (also in black, still called Perversion). I freakin' hate it. It's as waterproof as they say and, even with make-up remover (which I never used to use), I end up pulling off a few eyelashes every night in an attempt to get the stuff off. It also burns my eyes like crazy when I put it on, which doesn't seem ideal in a cosmetic that you put near your eyes. Anyone out there got a recommendation for a good, true liquid eyeliner (like the kind with a little brush) in black? With minimal to no burning of the eyes? 
  • I can put my hair up! Granted, it takes about a gajillion bobby pins, a little alligator claw pin, and a tiny little elastic (to put up the tiny lock of hair that counts for a "ponytail"), but it's up, all right. 
You have no idea how much it takes to make that hairstyle stay in place. Oh, there's my baby.

Aaaand that's about it. I'll tell y'all about Baby Boots' baptism tomorrow and even SHOW YOU MY OUTFIT! Crazy.



4 comments:

  1. Almay Intense i-Color was always the only one I could wear around my sensitive little eyes. Bonus: available in many drugstores, and at Target. Not that I wear this stuff daily but that's what I use for dance shows. Also great for faking Berber-style facial tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Baby Boots is getting so big!

    Do you mind if your liner isn't higher end? I actually love Loreal's Lineur Intense in Carbon Black. I don't think it's waterproof (they may have a version that is) but it really lasts all day on me all the same

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Boots is a handsome child! And welcome back! No eye liner here so can't help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia and Cassy, THANK YOU! I am willing to try anything. Waterproof isn't necessarily a plus for me, because I try not to spend my days crying and/or getting caught in the rain. As soon as I hit the States again, I will try both brands!

    Thanks, Terri! Baby Boots is getting pretty cute, even if it's her own mother that says so...

    ReplyDelete