Tuesday, June 5, 2012

How I wore it: happy June!

It's the last week of school for my students and the weather has celebrated by being in the mid-50s and raining. I mostly feel for the seniors, who will be graduating in soggy weather. Poor things. That being said, I was delighted for the excuse to pull out, with no exaggeration, LITERALLY my new favorite sweater, which I ordered a couple of months ago.

You see, I've been really into ordering online from Old Navy. I started doing so for cheap, presentable maternity wear, and then started doing the same for nursing tops, and now I just can't stop. I was actually in the market for a plain, serviceable grey cardigan, but I got into exploring and something called a "blanket sweater" caught my eye. The reviews all remarked upon how sturdy it was and what good quality it showed, so I ordered it and fell promptly in love. And it IS like snuggling into a blanket, no matter what the outside temperatures are. I've mostly paired it with black:


And today was no exception, as I just put it on with black pants and a black tank. Not feeling particularly creative. The photo doesn't do my epic hair justice. I've been playing a lot with pulling the bangs back, but today I just let it loose and it looked kind of awesome, but my 3:30 PM style wasn't really reflecting that.

First outfit post of many months! Yay! I look forward to posting more! 

Enormous sweater: Old Navy
Black tank (underneath): Glamourmom, by way of Isis Maternity
Black pants: Ralph Lauren, stolen from mom (remixed?)
Grey booties: Aldo, remixed

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a fabulous sweater. And congrats on completing a busy teaching year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, it definitely screams cozy. I can't believe how cold it got last night - we turned our heat back on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also turned my heat back on.
    Fantastic sweater, and you're wearing the heck out of it.
    I've been trying to resist ON online. This is not helping. Hmmm.

    Also: when school's done and you catch your breath, I'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a fabulous sweater, love it!

    ReplyDelete