Monday, May 4, 2015

How I wore it: cool cat

Folks, it is GORGEOUS outside! 80 degrees and sunny! I have today off, as it's the last day of our final little break between school units (our next one is in five weeks and it's SUMMER VACATION!) and I got all my grading done on Saturday evening. I've had a tough few days - my husband's best friend from Greece came to visit for a business trip and he is the HOUSEGUEST FROM HELL. So I thought that today would be a welcome lonely day.

It's only a little past 2:30 PM as I write this: plenty of time to get in a bike ride before strolling to pick up Baby Boots and then going to a playground with her.

But earlier today I had to go to the dentist and decided to look cute(...-ish) while doing so. Behold!


Ah, yes, my old red skirt workhorse, a Beatles tee, and my newish (about two months old) Chucks. Pas mal, n'est-ce pas? 

Say good-bye to those glasses soon. On Friday I went to the Warby Parker store in Boston to put in an order for the glasses of my dreams. The store was beautiful and a perfect glasses-buying experience: I called it "an Apple store for glasses" to my husband. It was full of Beautiful People and Beautiful Glasses. I kind of...want to work there. As always, as soon as I start mentally cheating on my current specs, those specs start to look real good to me. Oh, well. If I miss them, I can just get new lenses for them next time I go to my optometrist. 

Back to the outfit: 20-year-old me would've LOVED this outfit. Honestly, this is kind of how I dressed a lot when I was 20. I definitely bought the skirt that year and I paired it a lot with tees and bright sneaker. Okay, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. 

(lots of French today. Sorry. Did I mention that I also teach French?)

Anyway, that's all on my end. I'm pretty psyched about the weather and it's supposed to stay lovely throughout the week. My family and I are going to Maine (Portland area) for the first time on Friday afternoon for the weekend and we're very excited! I'll keep you posted on everything!

Beatles tee: Old Navy (online), remixed (?)
Red skirt: Dickies brand, from store called Guacamole in Philly, remixed
Chucks: Chuck Taylors store






No comments:

Post a Comment