Monday, October 20, 2014

How I wore it: muted Monday

Today was a long day - the first Monday I've worked in two weeks! Crazy! It was also the chilliest day of the school year so far: I woke up to 39 degrees and, dang, I was cold on my bike ride to the train station…

It was nicer on the way back, but I think it's time to start thinking more about my layering strategies in colder weather…

When I got back home, Baby Boots was ready to be my photo partner:

Let's never speak of these photos again

While I hate how this photograph turned out and how this outfit photographed, I do like many elements of this outfit. These pants, for example, were a weird purchase. I mean, I love ankle pants. Theoretically. I think the people who best wear ankle pants are basically the size of one of my legs. However, when I saw these forest green pants for sale on the Old Navy website last winter, I couldn't resist. The problem, of course, is that my legs are quite curvy and - in this photo at least - there's not enough ankle showing and my big feet's shoes look obscenely huge. 

Also, I should have chosen maybe a less dumpy top. 

Believe it or not, my Fluevog green shoes were great for biking. As opposed to my flats, the slight heel lets me get much better leverage on my pedals. Good to know… 

In an attempt to take a more flattering picture, this happened:

When the urge hits, you have to read RIGHT AWAY.

Anyway, it was a long day and now I'm happy ensconced watching 'The Good Wife' OnDemand. Good times. Happy Monday, y'all!

Black top: Old Navy (online)
Striped tank (barely visible below): Gap
Green pants: Old Navy (online)
Green shoes: Fluevog, remixed



No comments:

Post a Comment